Motorists traveling in Marion County will experience the following lane closures:
On August 24 and 25, Northwest/Northeast 35th Street, between the intersections of North U.S. Highway 441/301 and West Anthony Road, will be temporarily closed due to the installation of storm crossings across the roadway near U.S. Highway 441.
Crews will place barricades, signage, and have flaggers to direct traffic through detours and the work zone while work is being performed at the following locations:
– North U.S. Highway 441 and Northwest 35th Street
– North U.S. Highway 441 and West Anthony Road
– Northwest 35th Street and Northwest Second Avenue
– West Anthony Road and Northwest 42nd Street
– Northeast 35th Street and Northeast Jacksonville Road
– North U.S. Highway 441 and Northwest 28th Street
Many of the aforementioned areas have a lot of traffic in the mornings. Drivers should plan accordingly. Drivers should expect delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes, when possible.
Work will primarily be during daytime hours.
Please note that construction schedules may change due to weather or other circumstances, and if this happens, the closure may be rescheduled.
Officials ask that all drivers remember to yield to roadside workers and obey posted speed limits. Speeding fines are doubled in a construction zone.
Use extra caution during rainy weather.